1860's Peterson's Tri-color Scarf: Part 3

The pompon


Take a debit or similarly sized card 


Holding the one end start wrapping the yarn around the card


I counted a good 24 complete wraps, which once cut will make 48 strands coming out of the tassel. Try to keep the wraps in the middle as it will make it harder for them to come off and will also make for a neater tassel


I like to take an item through the loops so when I pull it off the card and I hook my fingers through it none of the loops are lost. 


I take a string and run it through all three of the braided strands in the middle. 


Taking this strand and and I also used the leftover strands from the scarf endings, I pulled it through the loops and made a knot 


If done correctly it will look something like this


Take the loose strand from that should be left hanging from where you started your loops. Take it over the rest of your loops about an inch from the top.


Wrap it around a few more times. and pull it tight.Take your scissors through the bottom of your loops, those furthest from the point of attachment and cut the loops. 


Trim the ends of the pompon.


Congrats, you should have something like this at the end of your scarf.

\

Enjoy your new scarf!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bodice with Bretelles

Sissi Wedding dress

Octagon Bodice with Bretelles: Introduction and history