1860 Peterson's Tri-color Scarf: Part 2

So after knitting until callouses formed on my fingers, the points on my needles had become nubs, and I swore that I would never knit another item again, the body of the scarf was finished. I took the 3 four foot long pieces and pinned them to the edge of the ironing board. I then braided them together, and made sure that it was even on each of the turns and braids.


The colors really looked good together,  it kinda reminded me a bit of patriotic colors but the red is a bit duller, and it had grey instead of white. It turned out kinda short by the time it was braided. Getting all of the strips the same length was a bit of a trick as the different fiber contents had a bit of varying stretch to them. If I did it again I would probably make it even longer and try to make it so it wraps around a few times. Now on to the pompns

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bodice with Bretelles

Sissi Wedding dress

Octagon Bodice with Bretelles: Introduction and history