Competition Dress Part 3: The competition dress gets velvet... and is no longer the competition dress

 The Competition Dress that Never Competed

Wait...
That's Not the competition dress



Yes, because it isn't. The competition dress is now just a dress..
When does one decided that an item needs to be demoted? The truth is that what started out as one of my best dresses, turned into subpar work. That conclusion reached me as I stared at the dress one night after taking a week break to clear my mind and de-stress. And the love of the dress was gone, too much had gone wrong, too much looked sloppy. 



It wasn't about what the other people would think, it was about how I would feel as a seamstress, and as an artist about turning in something that I didn't have 100% confidence. Not even winning, but just being happy with it. And this dress was not it. 

So it got pushed into the role of fun running around dress and as for the competition, the bustle dress from the tv pattern. But I still wanted to finish the dress. There is a yearly historical iceskate and how fun would it be to skate next to my love under the stars.

So here we go, In my mind there is a band of velvet around the bottom of the bodice and the skirt, with a cuff on the sleeves with velvet as well.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bodice with Bretelles

Sissi Wedding dress

Octagon Bodice with Bretelles: Introduction and history