New Lining for an Old Fur Shrug


**** Disclaimer****
I am against killing and trapping animals just for their fur
I do believe in the philosophy of the Native Americans that 
taught that when an animal is killed for food we honor its
sacrifice by using all parts of it including the fur and bone. This 
is a skin from an animal that died a hundred years ago, so there 
should be no ill will towards those who wear vintage furs or furs
 from  food animals that would have otherwise been thrown 
out. (ex. rabbit)


This beautiful fur piece was found on one of my recent
Antiquing adventures with my dad. It as a mere $6 which 
is a steal for anything vintage or fur. I think it is beaver but 
hard to tell as it is not as course as most beaver that I have
dealt with. It did need a bit of TLC but I love a challenge so 
it was coming home to the dorm with me.

The lining was completely gone with only the batting left


I simply took a piece of shot silk left from the silk 
vest I made for a friend.

I laid the silk on top of the item and pinned/hand sewed
the silk to the binding. Not the prettiest job
but it functions well.


It works great and is so comfy. Can't wait for a cold 
day to try it out!










Comments

  1. That fur shrug looks amazing! What a lucky find and your choice of lining could not have been better.

    Jennie from theuglydame.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bodice with Bretelles

Sissi Wedding dress

Octagon Bodice with Bretelles: Introduction and history