Butterick 6074 ★★★★☆


Skill: Intermediate
Yardage: four yards of directional fabric 
four yards lining. 
Year : Regency pre-815
Image result for butterick 6074

For this dress I decided to go with Butterick 6074 Dress view A. I have been rather obsessed with the regency era. It is almost a more satisfying era to sew as the dresses can be started and finished in a single day as opposed to a full 30-40 hours to complete an 1860's dress. I chose this pattern for the square neckline dress and the cute sleeve decoration.





I actually followed the directions on this, my mom would be proud. The way it works is there is a fitted lining that is sewn to a gathered fashion fabric piece. While I read the instruction, I did not necessarily approve of how they did everything. The binding the pattern called for seemed unnecessary so I just didn't do it. The pattern also has too many open seams for my taste so I used a different technique for putting the lining and fashion fabric together.   Overall the pattern came together well, the pieces fit together, the dress came out beautifully and the instructions were easy to read and understand. Besides the sloppy techniques I liked it overall.


Comments

  1. So cute and the points on the sleeves are a great detail. Will we get to see you wearing it? Its lovely!

    Jennie from theuglydame.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! THe Jane Austen Festival is in June so we shall see

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bodice with Bretelles

Sissi Wedding dress

Octagon Bodice with Bretelles: Introduction and history