★★☆☆☆Burda 2787

A Matter of Vests


I used this pattern for its pants and vest. It does include two styles of coats but for what I wanted the pants and vests worked perfect. 
Image result for burda victorian men's suit
Pros 
The pattern pieces did make up nicely for the most part once I threw the instructions away. If you are feeling adventurous and just want to do your own thing then this pattern is for you! The sizing was actually a little big so it was very easy to fit on the the model and make adjustments.

Cons
This was bad. I have tried both the pants and vest for this and it was a nightmare. The instructions are terrible, could not follow what and where the instructions wanted done. Each piece is numbered but the instruction use the abbreviation of the name and it just makes it even more confusing. 


I was able to make a working vest with this pattern, but the pants just needed to be scrapped. They did not at all come out the right size or shape. I also took the collar off the vest just because I didn't like how it looked. The stunning shot silk used to make the item and the beautiful pocket added that little extra something that makes a project worth all the frustrations and struggles. Definitely not a project for the faint of heart. I may try one of the coats just to see how it turns out when made up. Burda 2787 unfortunately only gets 2/5 stars. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sissi Wedding dress

Bodice with Bretelles